- 1 pound of marshmallows (we used Jet Puffed)
- 2 pounds of confectioner’s sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of water
- Place the marshmallows in a bowl with the water and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave marshmallows for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir the marshmallow mixture with a wooden spoon until they are completely dissolved. If not repeat step 1-2 for about 40 seconds until they are melted.
- Incorporate sifted confectioners sugar gradually into the marshmallows with a wooden spoon. Continue incorporating the sugar until you get a dense, elastic and almost firm dough.
- Pour some of the sugar into a work table and place the dough in it, knead the dough whilst still incorporating even more sugar.
- If the dough is firm and you haven’t poured all of the sugar in it, discard the rest of the sugar; if the dough is still sticky and not firm and you’ve used up all of the sugar then add some more!
- Wrap fondant in plastic wrapping paper immediately and let rest for 24 hours.
It’s kind of messy and all you’ll be thinking about is this guy whilst making it…